Am I eligible?

To find out if you are eligible for residential aged care you need to have an assessment from an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), who are health professionals such as doctors, nurses and social workers.

They will visit you and ask questions about your lifestyle and health needs. You will receive an Aged Care Client Record (ACCR) that will let you know if you are eligible for the following types of accommodation:

  • Respite – if you need a place to stay while you recover from an operation or to give your home caregiver a break if you normally are cared for at home.
  • Residential – because of your health or life stage, the time may be right to move into permanent accommodation. We cater for all levels of care, so you can usually stay in the same place if your needs change. This is known as ‘ageing in place’.
  • Dementia enriched living – most of our facilities provide safe and comfortable accommodation to meet the specific needs of people who have dementia.
More about the Baptistcare lifestyle

ACATs are funded by the Australian Government and the assessment is free of charge. To find an ACAT in your local area visit the My Aged Care website at You can contact an ACAT directly, or your doctor or local hospital can provide a referral to your local ACAT.

Want to know more?

Receive more information by post or email with an enquiry pack.

Request A Pack

More than care… for over 45 years!

Baptistcare is one of WA’s largest not-for-profit providers of residential aged care, home care services and retirement living, supporting individuals and communities in metro and regional areas for over 45 years.

More about Baptistcare
Call us on 1300 660 640

We are here to help you

Call 1300 660 640


Baptistcare is a not-for-profit organisation providing residential aged care, home care services and retirement living in Perth and WA.

Baptistcare Customer Centre
New customer enquiries

Phone: 1300 660 640

Baptistcare Head Office
General and corporate enquiries

95 Belgravia Street, Belmont WA 6104
Phone: (08) 9282 8600
Fax: (08) 9282 8697

Postal Address
PO Box 263
Bentley WA 6982