Baptistcare is committed to using all reasonable efforts to protect the privacy of our customers  and to comply with the obligations imposed by the Privacy Act 1988 as amended, the Australian Privacy Principles and other relevant legislation, principles and standards.
To fulfil this commitment, Baptistcare undertakes to:
- Ensure personal information is managed in an open and transparent way
- Only collect personal information by lawful and fair means
- Only collect personal information that is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities
- Collect personal information about a customer only from that customer, where it is reasonable and practicable to do so
- Ensure that the personal information we collect is used and disclosed for relevant purposes only
- Regulate the access to and correction of personal information
- Ensure the confidentiality of personal information through appropriate storage and security.
We acknowledge that people with vision or hearing impairments and culturally and linguistically diverse people may require special consideration. Please contact us on 1300 660 640 or send us a message using the form here and we will endeavor to accommodate your requirements.
Types of Information
Personal information – is information or an opinion about a customer whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information – includes information or an opinion about a customer’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, biometric information, biometric templates, health information about a customer, and genetic information.
Health information is
- Information or an opinion about
– The health or a disability of a customer
– A customer’s expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to them
– A health service provided, or to be provided, to a customer
- Other personal information collected to provide, or in providing, a health service
- Other personal information about a customer collected in connection with the donation, or intended donation, by the customer of his or her body parts, organs or body substances
- Genetic information about a customer in a form that is, or could be, predictive of the health of the customer or a genetic relative of the customer.