If you could continue to live at home if you had some help, a home care package could be the answer.
Simply follow these four steps:
Step 1. Determine if you are eligible
Funding is available for home care services through the Australian Government’s home care packages program. To receive services under this program, you need to be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). An ACAT member will visit you to determine if you are eligible and the level of services you need.
Your ACAT assessment will be sent to Centrelink, which will determine how much you need to pay for your home care services.
Step 2. Means-tested fee assessment
Although the Australian Government provides funding for home care services, you need to contribute to one or both of the following:
- Basic daily fee, which is a percentage of your aged pension
- A means-tested fee, payable if your income is over a certain amount.
Step 3. Develop your care plan
We develop a home care plan with you based on your ACAT assessment.
The plan will form the basis of an agreement with you that will cover the types of home care services you will receive, the day/s the home care services will be provided and who will be providing these home care services.
As a guide, your home care plan may include the:
- exact types of home care services included
- home care service provider
- level of involvement you will have in managing your home care services
- times and dates when home care services are to be delivered to you
- costs involved for you – Baptistcare’s Budget Planning Tool is a transparent tool specially designed by Baptistcare to help you manage and budget for your services.
Step 4. Home care services begin
Once you’ve completed Step 1 to 3, we can start providing the home care services you need.
If you would like to apply for home care services the friendly team at our Customer Centre can help with any questions.